Camera Buying Guide
I wrote really long camera buying guide. I’ve used so many different cameras and I can tell you some important things you should take care of when buying camera. I’ve bought more than 20 cameras until now. I will try to tell important parts of buying cameras and which cameras can suit you.
- How good this camera can record videos
You may want this camera only for photos now, but trust me you will want to record videos as well in future. You will want to have videos of special events.
- Ask if the camera have auto-focus, it’s really important feature and makes photos look much more good and much more professinal looking.
- Learn about camera lenses
Lenses are so important for camera, you buy camera as body and without lens it’s not that different from other cameras. if the camera is body, lens is the heart of it.
- Wide lens: You can capture photos wider with this lens.
- Narrow lens: You can capture small objects with this lens
- Normal lens: This lens can capture photos as you see, no wide nor narrow.
These are the most known lenses for cameras.
- Buy tripot with yoru camera
Your hands can get shaky or you don’t always want to be the person who is taking photos, for example you want to be in your family photo too, right? Taking photos with tripot always came out better.
- If you just want to take photos, forget about these 3 things and read here
I know, so many of you going to buy cameras for taking photos of nature or other kind of stuff. If video is not that important for you, pay more attention to lenses, you don’t need tripot at all because tripots usually used for videos.
- Buy extra battery!
It’s really important too. Especially if you want to take videos. Extra battery is always good, if you went an amazing place and you want to take photos, lots of photos but you ran out of battery. It’s really bad, hope it never happen to anybody. Buy 2 extra battery if you can, trust me it’s not too much, you will need both time to time.
- Make research before buying any camera!
What do you expect from a camera, how will you use it? You will take photos or videos or maybe both? Ask these questions to yourself and make good research and find the “perfect” camera for yourself. I can recommend Canon for videos. Nikon for photos!